Welcome to Age Well Community!
Welcome to Age Well Community Barberton, an online destination designed to connect older adults to a variety of resources to help you flourish and thrive in the community.
Join an online group and make a new friend. Find a tai chi class. Locate a handyman to change those light bulbs and smoke-alarm batteries or clean the gutters. You can find that and much more right here. Age Well Community Barberton is designed to be your virtual senior center, offering you:
- Opportunities to volunteer to help older adults with everything from household chores to rides, or to get help if you need it
- A calendar of local health and wellness and lifelong learning classes, as well as cultural activities and social events
- Regularly updated feature articles from the Benjamin Rose Institute in Cleveland and other expert resources on health and wellness, family, and maintaining your home
- Main Street, a guide to Barberton-area businesses tailored to the needs of older adults, including key services such as non-medical home care that can help maintain independence and enable older adults to ‘age in place'
- Online clubhouses for groups across a range of interests
Age Well Community Barberton is a first-of-a-kind effort to establish a local online ‘portal' serving the needs and interests of older adults. It brings together the City of Barberton with the Benjamin Rose Institute on Aging and Serality, a Boston-based company that enables local online communities and social networks for older adults.
Age Well Community is what you and your fellow Barbertonians make of it. Become a member today!